Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Currently

Eating - Warm chocolate chip cookies! I was able to convince Ryan to stop at the grocery store after the gym (it's 10 feet away) for Sarah and I. Life is good when the house smells like cookies. I could never give them up!


Reading -  The first book of Game of Thrones and Homecoming Ranch. I've finally gotten back into reading for fun and it's been a nice way to unwind at the end of the day! 
Needing -  To get my oil changed. My future husband is going to need to know a lot about car maintenance because I know about 2 things and am not really interested in car stuff.


Gearing up for - my 15 mile long run this weekend. It will be the longest run I've ever done. I'm trying to figure out what fuel to have and getting more tips on ankle pain relief.  

Procrastinating - Filling out my budget for 2014. I've made a pretty spreadsheet but filling it in with the money I've already spent (including a spontaneous Loft purchase because I couldn't resist their 70% off sale) isn't quite as fun. I will get to this this weekend!


Thankful for  - The friendships I've developed via this blogworld. I booked my flight last night for my visit to Kayla and Erin!!! Only 58 days to go :)


Thanks to Kara for the idea of a 'Currently' post.

12 comments:

  1. EEEEEK! That is all I have. Cannot wait to introduce you to Cincinnati and squeeze ya! Fly by 58 days, flyyy on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Lot's of great things friend. Y'all are going to have a BLAST! EAK! Now if the time will just fly by so I can follow along all weekend! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate dealing with anything car related! I just got my oil changed, like a month overdue, because I just didn't want to do it.

    GOOD LUCK on your run this weekend! You are going to crush it and feel so awesome afterward! Setting new distance PR's is the best part of marathon training :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah excuse me... why didn't you ever mention this to me?!?!? LOL! SURPRISE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for coming to Cincinnati!! So exiting.

    I made chocolate chip cookies last night...cc cookies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool!! I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I can't wait for the weekend to be here :)

      Delete
  7. HEYY girl hey! I am a runner and work in Human Resources too, I saw you were in HR over at Caitlins blog so I had to come say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you came to say hi!!! I have a feeling we could swap plenty of HR and running stories!

      Delete
  8. Nothing beats chocolate chip cookies. Woohoo! Cincinnati trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading at the end of the day to unwind! Supposedly using any kind of electronic with a light screen (TV, computer, phone) right before bed will make it harder to fall asleep. So a book is a good option.

    You should find someone to teach you how to change the oil in your car! It's really not that difficult, and you save a lot of money being able to do it yourself. You can look up what type of oil your car requires in the owner's manual. And here's the number one rule: Always take the oil cap off before you do anything else. If you drain the oil out of your car and then can't get the cap off you'd be in big trouble!

    Hope your 15 miles goes well!!! I know how exciting, but also scary, it is to go over that half marathon distance for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!