Thursday, January 16, 2014

Happy Belated Birthday Blog!

Through the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I missed my one year blogging anniversary! On December 27th, 2012, I wrote about my impending trip to Belize and thought it would be exciting material for a first entry. After reading blogs for a few months, I finally thought I could be interesting enough to make one of my own. Thanks to you guys..it seems like I was right a little bit! 

One of my favorite things I've gained through this experience is some really great friendships. While we may have not met in person, the fact that you take the time to read what I have to say and comment means a lot to me. When I have good news, you're there to congratulate me and when I'm wary of things (see:marathon), you provide me loads of encouraging words!

In the past year, I've been able to have 2 blates! One when this girl Erin came to my city and we grabbed dinner in DC! And a week hasn't gone by since that we haven't texted each other about the randomness of our day, life, running and recipes! The second one was with Megan when she helped kick off my birthday weekend with a great long run! We met at a nearby lake with a great running loop and chatted the whole time. She kept me motivated at the end when I really just wanted to walk. We're both training for marathons right now (they're 2 weeks apart) and it will be really fun to trade stories when we're done! I was also able to crash a blate with Debbie and Meagan at the 3.2 for 32 race at Tech last April!


Now I have a super fun weekend already planned with Kayla and Erin and I can't wait!!!! I started reading their blogs over a year ago and it'll be so cool to be able to hang out with them in person! I know the weekend will go by way too quick but I'll be leaving with such a great memories :)

I really think we should just one giant blogger meet up in a tropical location and somehow get it sponsored so it's free for all of us! Who's in?!


Here's to another great year of blogging!

P.S. Peter has a job interview today for a normal M-F 9 to 5 schedule! Please think lots of positive thoughts for him!!! :)


12 comments:

  1. Happy blog birthday!!! So glad we've been able to become friends through this!! Said a prayer for Peter's interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh happy belated blog birthday!! I love how blogging brings people together! And yay Peter!!! I hope he gets it! I know how obnoxious differing schedules are :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary :) Keep rockin' girl!

    p.s. sending positive thoughts for Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo! Happy blog birthday! I couldn't agree more with your tropical blate idea. I'm all in. You got this, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday! Blogging is a lot of fun, but my favorite part is all of the connections you make. I hope Peter's interview went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo happy this crazy blog world brought us together, someway, somehow!! :) we're gonna have a blast that weekend. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SWEET BLOG!

    Also, good luck to Peter!! Sending all my positive thoughts his way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for a year full of writing, meeting, and gaining new friendships. So glad I found your blog! I love following along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for a bloggy bday!! I've had so much fun reading along and getting to know you since you started your blog! Excited to meet you in real life in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to have been one of your "blates" this year! Here's to another great year of blogging, running, and meeting other fun bloggers.

    Good luck to Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sign me up for the tropical blate!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary! It's been a pleasure reading your blog :) And good luck to your boyfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Emma!! :) My fingers are crossed!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!