Thursday, January 23, 2014

If We Shared Some Water...

Yesterday my favorite Kayla wrote a post about what someone would learn about her if that sat down for a cup of joe together. After I read it, it got me thinking what someone would learn about me so here I am with my version! I'm not a big coffee or tea person and with my Invisalign right now I mostly drink water so thus the title.

They would find out that I'm a pretty shy person, especially at first, but luckily working in HR the past few years has helped me come out of my box with people. I talk really fast and fumble through my words when I'm nervous. I love singing loudly in the car by myself and when I'm cooking dinner alone with my dogs.  I really like an array of music and that helps keep my running playlist diversified. It's only been in the past year that I've gotten more dedicated to running but it's taught me a lot about myself, like I can do hard things such as running at an 8 minute pace or for over 2 hours. I can relate so many life experiences back to running. My parents got divorced when I was 3 so I grew up knowing life with separated parents instead of together. They've both had other marriages and divorces and it's definitely made an impact on how I view marriage, but mostly for the better I think. I have an unhealthy obsession with dogs, mostly my own because I'm allowed to play/cuddle with them whenever I want, but if a strange lets me pet their dog, I'm all over it. When I got to high school, my "best friends" quickly stopped talking to me and I lost a lot of self-confidence. Now I have some truly great friends and value our relationships more than they know. I could eat cereal all day long. I don't own a smartphone. My dream job would either be an interior designer or wedding planner. Peter is my first love and will always hold a very special place in heart no matter what the future holds for us. Super cheesy girly movies/TV shows are always my first choice to watch (just spent lots of late nights watching the Carrie Diaries!). I'd take a relaxing night on the couch with a  glass of wine over a bar any day. Friends and Gilmore Girls are my go-to happy shows. 

Overall, I hope to live a simple but happy life and to do good onto others. I've been working on keeping a positive outlook on life. While I've gone through some hardships, I have many blessings in my life that I never want to take for granted. I believe a positive attitude will lessen the pain of any tough situation. I'm not perfect at this but I strive to remember that there is always good.

What would I learn about you if we got the chance to sit down? :)

10 comments:

  1. I love this!! I love that you've been able to learn valuable lessons about marriage even through your parents' failed marriages. That's something I've really noticed the past years with my friends...all of us have learned so much (in a good way) to benefit our own marriages, whether or not our own parents' marriages were good examples. I think that's awesome. It would suck if only people whose parents had a good marriage were able to learn and benefit. So anyway. Sorry for the tangent, but that stuck out to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee today and am totally envious of non-coffee drinkers like you! I drink water like it's going out of style, but I always have a cup of coffee in the AM (I usually stop at 1, I promise!).

    Such a good idea for a post! I agree with you on the positive outlook thing. It's so hard to stay positive sometimes, but I am constantly working on it and trying my best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we met up, you would find that I too am shy at first and I don't like regular coffee, unless it's half coffee, half flavored creamer. My parents had a nasty divorce when I was 7, and because of that, I vowed never to get a divorce, and that's part of the reason Zach and I have been together so long before we get married.

    I love this post! I may have to "borrow" this idea for a future post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I really don't drink coffee unless it doesn't taste like coffee.. haha, I love iced caramel-y things though! :) I love that you sing loud and often-- that's me every single day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and happy is the best way to be. I definitely prefer a wine night on the couch to a bar! Love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! :) thanks for the little shout out ma'am... I can't wait until we can actually meet and have a real night full of fun girl talk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post.. such a fun idea. Girls are so mean in high school aren't they? I worry about my niece entering middle school this year. I don't even know what kind of advice to give her. :( It's easy for me to sit back and say "be yourself" but it's not always super easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this post... I think I will do a similar one soon :) I also try to keep a positive outlook, I think it's so important :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! :) You definitely should!!

      Delete
  9. Love singing in the car to myself. Loudly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!