Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend Happies

It was nice to see that I wasn't the only not posting yesterday…it wasn't a holiday for me so Sunday I was in my bed early instead of writing out my weekend recap.

Hopefully by the time you are reading this, I am working from home due a snow storm! I've gone in during all the other snowy days and since it's supposed to keep going all day/night, I didn't want to try and drive in it. 

My weekend was relatively low-key but had some pretty great moments…

-Friday, I stopped by Target to pick up some long run necessities including whole wheat pasta, bread, chocolate milk, shot blocks, bananas, gatorade and socks. All Champion gear was on sale so I got a pair of purple running tights for $8 and a lightweight pullover for $20!

-Saturday morning, I was up early to eat and digest my breakfast before my 15 mile long run. I met Debbie and her running group at 7:30am. When I pulled into the parking lot, I saw Julie's mom's car only to see Julie get out of it!!! She came back home from school for the long weekend/her birthday! It was cold, snowy and icy but it was a great run. We did 7 miles together and it went by quickly but that's what happens when you run with your best friend :) We were just missing our other boomie Kelly! 

-I drove back home and did 8 more miles solo. It was tough, even colder and windier but I did it! 15 miles is the longest run I've ever done and it's crazy to think that in 2 months, that number will be 26.2! My knees and calves were a little sore afterwards but I foam rolled like it was going out of style.

-Saturday night I met up with my mom, step-dad, twin and his girlfriend for dinner. A free dinner at Olive Garden with my family was enough motivation to get me off the couch. I had too many breadsticks, good wine, a delicious flatbread and shared lots of laughs with my family! 
Margo, Kief and I! Kief acting goofy!
-Sunday morning Sarah, Ryan and I went out to brunch and they did some shopping. We went over to Peter's parents house to watch the Patriots game and we were all disappointed in their performance, but hey there's got to be a winner and loser in football.

I hope you all had a great weekend! 


7 comments:

  1. YAY for fun weekends. That make the start of the week not so bad! You are rockin' your running friend. It makes me so happy for you. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! You are going to blow this marathon out of the water! I got that Garmin watch too & I love it!! It makes me feel extra motivated! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your run! Getting over the 15 mile hump was huge for me - even bigger than the longer distances. Keep on keepin' on and 26.2 is going to be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the C9 line and saw that they had an awesome sale! Congrats on the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 miles!! You are such a badass!! Love the purple tights, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 miles is seriously insane to me right now.... I'm going to be thrilled when I break 5-6 miles haha, I think that's the longest I've ever run was 6 miles straight. Lordy, I've got some work to do ;) Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fact that you got up on a Saturday morning and did 15 miles in this weather is truly inspirational! I have a hard time even leaving my house if it isn't about freezing!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!