Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Sunshine Box

Last week I did something  I rarely do….make something I saw on Pinterest!
Source
As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of Kayla. Readers of her blog will know why :) 

It was such a fun idea and I knew I'd have a good time making it so last Tuesday after work I stopped by the store to pick up all the fun yellow things it had. I thought I'd share what I included in case anyone wants to make one and needed some ideas.


Since I would be mailing it, I didn't want to include anything that could break easily.

Two yellow dishes for when she needs to clean her hands from cooking. Peanut M&Ms for snacking.

Popcorn for movie nights. Noisy Putty for when she needs a break from adult life. A Sugar Cookie candle. Note cards for snail mail.

Sparkly yellow socks to keep her feet warm. Yellow sticky notes. Glow sticks to make another power outage fun!

I put the yellow paper stuff (not sure the proper word) around all the items in the box. I also included a card and a printable about the sunshine box that I printed from Pinterest!


I hope Kayla enjoyed it as much as I liked putting it together! It was supposed to arrive last Friday but that United States Postal Services seemed to be off their game last week and it didn't arrive until yesterday. At least it wasn't lost!

Random act of kindness + sending snail mail = happy Becky!



10 comments:

  1. How great Becky. I definitely need to remember this. Everyone needs some sunshine in their life. You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the sweetest! I've seen Sunshine Boxes around Pinterest/blogland too and I just love the idea of sending something so cheery and fun! Kayla is lucky to have you as a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I know a few friends that could definitely use this right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so so sweet! I did something similar for my best friend a few years back. She was having a rough semester so I sent her all her favorite candies and a card. It's always nice doing something so sweet for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A box of sunshine + peanut m&ms + your thoughtfulness = A HAPPY KAYLA!!! Seriously, you're the sweetest!!!! Thank you so much!! I can't wait to squeeeeze youu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing box! You're pretty much the best reader/friend ever now! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute! What a great idea! I think I am going to make one for my mother-in-law :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You definitely should - it's so fun to make!

      Delete
  8. Such a sweet thing to do! And it's awesome that you did something from Pinterest. When I first got on there I pinned like crazy and I think I've hardly done any of the recipes. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I do the same thing! This is probably only the 2nd thing I've made from there :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!