Monday, February 3, 2014

Running Decision

Ever have one of those weeks where you look back and realize A LOT happened in just 7 short days? The last week of January was one of those for me. A few things I'm not ready to get into yet  and I'm going to take a bit of a blogging break to focus on some things.

One thing I did want to mention was that I've decided to drop down to the half marathon instead of my marathon in March. My right ankle has still been bothersome and I was at the point in my marathon training where I was going to do 16, 18 and 20 mile runs. A month after the marathon I'm set to run a half marathon with Kelly and Julie and being able to run that with them is way more important to me than running the marathon. 
Love these girls beyond the moon and back :)
I feel good about my decision and it's nice to have a little less pressure. Training through the winter with freezing temperatures, snow and ice was very new to me. I'm proud of my 15 mile long run and I know that when I'm ready, I can tackle 26.2 miles. I am thinking of doing the Richmond Marathon in November.

I hope you all had a great weekend, filled with lots of yummy food on Sunday night! :) I'll back in a little while!


13 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good decision. Training during the winter is really hard, and I don't think it will be something I do again. It's just too cold, and with all the ice and snow, I get worried I'll slip and break my ankle. Hope yours gets to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yeah...getting an injury by trying to keep overworking your ankle sounds like a bad idea. I think you've made a good choice and there will always be another marathon to train for!! I hope your week goes well...I'll miss you! Come back soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good decision you've made. Your health and well being is definitely way more important than anything!! Hope you are doing okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pic of you three is so cute. :)

    you are so cool and great and fun. but you already know i think all of these things. enjoy the blogging break.. but don't turn into me and not go back..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done amazing friend. Be proud of what you accomplished and what a great thing to still be participating in the half marathon. You will do even more amazing on that one. I hate your ankle is bothering you though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Congrats on the decision! Better to be smart and safe than risk an injury. I am going to be doing my marathon as slow as a turtle thanks to my IT band set back. I think I would be open to a fall marathon though... we should try to coordinate for the Richmond marathon and so long runs together on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I definitely feel better with the decision! I hope your marathon goes well!! Yeah that sounds great to me :)

      Delete
  7. You should be so proud of yourself. A half is no joke! You're going to kill it, and to run it with two of your best friends? Heck yeah!! :) praying for you girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart lady! The marathon will be waiting for you whenever you're ready for it :) One race is not worth ruining all of your other running plans over! I did the Richmond half this past November and LOVED it! I would definitely do the half again and may consider running the full this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reflecting on life is very important, so although we'll miss your blogging presence, we understand! And the half will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma!! :) I can't stay away too long though - I'll be back tomorrow with some happy things :)

      Delete
  10. Girlfriend..you do what works best for you. Sometimes we push ourselves too hard! I'm sure you'll tackle that marathon in March and rock the shhh.. out of it!!! Hope that ankle gets better soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what's best for you. I'm still rooting for you! :) personally, I think training for a fall marathon is easier (logistically) than training for a spring one. You have to deal with the heat of the summer, but yourileage really doesn't ramp up until it starts cooling off. You should consider Richmond! I have run the half twice and loved it. They know how to host a race. I'm.hoping to get into Marine Corps thus year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!