Monday, July 7, 2014

2 Weeks...

that's what Peter and I have left for our time together in Virginia. Hopefully the last week will include a small road trip to Chicago to help him move in and explore the city together for a few days…(if work lets me)

For the past 7 years we've been at most an hour away from each other. Between dorms, college apartments and moving back home after graduation, we've always been close enough to hang out easily, luckily. Now that the time is here to be 11+ hours away, it feels like the last 7 years flew by. When we first started dating, I always wondered how our story would unfold. Sometimes I still can't believe he's known me since I was 17 and the memories we've made. I'm glad I had a camera/phone/ipod nearby to capture a lot of those too. I love looking back on pictures and instantly remembering everything about that moment.




This will just be another chapter in our story for memories and pictures to be added. 
Source
This past weekend, he had Thursday - Saturday off and we were able to spend a lot of time together. We watched the World Cup, hung out with some really good friends, had wine, ate good food, laid on the couch, read, took a walk in the nice weather and I enjoyed every second of it. 

Here's to airport reunions, exploring the city, Facetimes and a wonderful year of new adventures!


7 comments:

  1. You guys are too sweet. I'm sure it'll be hard at first again, but you'll still have a great time with each other! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SUCH a perfect Socrates quote!! I can't wait to see what adventures this season of life will have for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW DID THIS SNEAK UP SO FAST?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect perspective to have for this change! Of course it will be different and often tough, but this is the perfect opportunity to make new memories in exciting new places! Also, those pictures are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first picture of you two from the dorm room! Hopefully, the year will seem to fly by for you guys, and in the meantime, you'll have lots of visits with each other! Enjoy your next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww the pictures just get more and more adorable! Tell me your secret, haha! Change IS scary (trust me, I didn't have a breakdown yesterday for nothin'), but it's an important part of life. This will be an experience for you both, for sure, both individually and as a couple. Your relationship has always sounded rock solid and I'm sure this experience won't be anything more than you can handle. As scary as it is, it's also REALLY exciting! Can't wait to see what the next chapter holds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is scary, for sure...but can also be so good, and used as a learning experience :) I know you two will make the BEST out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I really enjoy reading your comments and will try to always respond via email!